Thursday, January 14, 2010

how you act when no one is looking....


I have many people in my life who hold me accountable: mainly my kids. They're like little walking machines of honesty.
I told my daughter that I was trying to eat better and that I want her to point out when I am doing unhealthy things....I'll be damned if she didn't harass me for buying Oreos. Seriously? Yes she did.
That's my girl. Loving someone and holding them accountable matters. I will be accountable for my fat, and that it could cost me my health. What if my doctor said (and he might), "You're taking 10 years off your life because of that tire around your waist."


Accountability.....like when I made that promise the other day to weigh in and then share it with you....Still haven't done it......don't wanna but............

Man, I justified the crap out of NOT doing this...I still don't have my measuring tape (denial and excuses galore..) but I will share my weight with you today.. Every morning, I like to start my day off with a cup of something hot and weigh myself. I do get wrapped up in that stupid lil number, then I spend time berating everything I stuck in my mouth. So long that my cup gets cold....

Enough. No more. Excuses do not burn calories....

I'm 5'2.5" and I weight 168#.
I should weigh something like 135....My goal is 140. That means I need to lose 28#. I am giving myself 6-9 months.

I have been much thinner in my life. Although I would like to be thin again, I am more concerned with my health. Supermodels are cool but do you ever hear about them living until they're 100? Nope. I have a great man and some good kids. I want to be here for a long time.

So what do I want more: a cheeseburger or my life?
Easy question. Tough to do.

I feel like I am talking to myself. But I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment